[CMake] ALL_BUILD and ZERO_CHECK

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Nov 24 13:28:52 EST 2008

Robert Dailey wrote:

> The only trouble these projects are causing me is clutter. There is no
> functional purpose for them as far as I know, which is another reason
> why I do not like them.
You could try this:

set(CMAKE_SUPPRESS_REGENERATION TRUE)

I think that will get rid of ZERO_CHECK, but I am not sure.  Again, this
will potentially break your builds, and make them less reliable.
ZERO_CHECK is used to make sure that the project files are up-to-date
relative to the CMakeLists.txt files.  It is also used to check some
depend information that VS does not do.

> I'm not familiar with CTest. All I can say on that topic is that I've
> used Visual Studio for over 6 years and I've never had to use anything
> called CTest to get projects working.

CTest is the built in regression testing system of CMake.  You can use
it to create continuous testing integration for a project (see
www.cdash.org).

-Bill