[CMake] ALL_BUILD and ZERO_CHECK

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 14:57:45 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> Robert Dailey wrote:
>

>> The only trouble these projects are causing me is clutter. There is no
>> functional purpose for them as far as I know, which is another reason why I
>> do not like them.
>>
> You could try this:
>
> set(CMAKE_SUPPRESS_REGENERATION TRUE)
>
> I think that will get rid of ZERO_CHECK, but I am not sure.  Again, this
> will potentially break your builds, and make them less reliable. ZERO_CHECK
> is used to make sure that the project files are up-to-date relative to the
> CMakeLists.txt files.  It is also used to check some depend information that
> VS does not do.
>

>> I'm not familiar with CTest. All I can say on that topic is that I've used
>> Visual Studio for over 6 years and I've never had to use anything called
>> CTest to get projects working.
>>
>>  CTest is the built in regression testing system of CMake.  You can use it
> to create continuous testing integration for a project (see www.cdash.org
> ).

Ah, okay. If it manages synchronization between the CMakeLists.txt files and
the vcproj files I can understand the need for them. I guess I should have
first asked what they are for instead of immediately trying to get rid of
them :)

Thanks for your help. I'll leave them be for now and just deal with the
clutter. Of course, it would be great to be able to stuff some of these
CMake files into a subdirectory of some sort so I don't have to see them
clutter the CMakeLists.txt parent directory.