[CMake] CMake 2.8.3-rc4 ready for testing!

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:09:39 EDT 2010

2010/11/3 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:

> The reason this is showing up is because they are compiling a .h file:
>
> LIST(APPEND LIBHLA_EXPORTED_INCLUDES sha1.h)
> set_source_files_properties(sha1.c sha1.h PROPERTIES LANGUAGE "C")
> SOURCE_GROUP("Source Files\\Hash" FILES ${LIBHLA_HASH_SRCS})
>

> The sha1.h is being set to a C source file.  It is a bug, and the patch
> should fix it.

I'll try the patch.

> However, seems odd to be compiling a .h file.

What do you mean by "compiling" a header?

I usually do

add_library(mylib file1.c file1.h file2.c file2.h)
or
add_executable(myexe mysource.c anyother.h)
etc...

what's wrong/odd with that I thought CMake would sort it out
what is an header and what is not ?

Or do you mean that the
set_source_files_properties(sha1.c sha1.h PROPERTIES LANGUAGE "C")

is telling CMake that "sha1.h" should be compiled?

I thought I was (because I'm the culprit) telling CMake that thoses file
were C files (either header or to-be-compiled sources)?

Am I wrong?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org