[CMake] CMake 2.8.3-rc4 ready for testing!

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Nov 3 16:48:22 EDT 2010

On 11/3/2010 3:09 PM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 3. November 2010 schrieb Eric Noulard:
>
>> I "may" have a problem with Visual Studio 2010 generator.
>> The concerned project CERTI (https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/certi)
>> builds fine on on several using CMake.
>>
>> But when we try to build CERTI with CMake 2.8.2 (or 2.8.3rc4) we get
>> a solution file which fails to load completely because because one vcproj
>> contains an apparently mis-closed statement:
>>
>> offending lines are those one:
>> [...]
>>      <None Include="..\..\certi-HEAD\libHLA\HLAvariantRecord.hh" />
>>      <ClInclude Include="..\..\certi-HEAD\libHLA\sha1.h">
>>        <ObjectFileName>$(IntDir)/sha1.obj</ObjectFileName>
>>      </ClCompile>
>>      <None Include="..\..\certi-HEAD\libHLA\Clock.hh" />
>> [...]
>>
>> i.e. the<ClInclude Include ...>
>> is closed by a
>>     </ClCompile>
>>
>> The corresponding source code may be found there:
>> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/?root=certi.
>>
>> I'm not sure I will have the time to build a smaller example.
>>
>> Note that the same source tree is working well using any
>> other CMake generators (Visual Studio or Code::Blocks etc...)
>> so the problem seems to be particular to VS2010.
>
> Try the attached patch. It's completely untested so it may even not compile
> but that should be pretty straightforward.

The reason this is showing up is because they are compiling a .h file:

LIST(APPEND LIBHLA_EXPORTED_INCLUDES sha1.h)
set_source_files_properties(sha1.c sha1.h PROPERTIES LANGUAGE "C")
SOURCE_GROUP("Source Files\\Hash" FILES ${LIBHLA_HASH_SRCS})

The sha1.h is being set to a C source file.  It is a bug, and the patch
should fix it.  However, seems odd to be compiling a .h file.

-Bill