[CMake] CMake 2.8.3-rc4 ready for testing!

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Nov 3 17:29:45 EDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/11/3 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> >
> > The reason this is showing up is because they are compiling a .h file:
> >
> > LIST(APPEND LIBHLA_EXPORTED_INCLUDES sha1.h)
> > set_source_files_properties(sha1.c sha1.h PROPERTIES LANGUAGE "C")
> > SOURCE_GROUP("Source Files\\Hash" FILES ${LIBHLA_HASH_SRCS})
> >

> > The sha1.h is being set to a C source file.  It is a bug, and the patch
> > should fix it.
>
> I'll try the patch.
>
> > However, seems odd to be compiling a .h file.
>
> What do you mean by "compiling" a header?
>
> I usually do
>
> add_library(mylib file1.c file1.h file2.c file2.h)
> or
> add_executable(myexe mysource.c anyother.h)
> etc...
>
> what's wrong/odd with that I thought CMake would sort it out
> what is an header and what is not ?
>
> Or do you mean that the
> set_source_files_properties(sha1.c sha1.h PROPERTIES LANGUAGE "C")
>
> is telling CMake that "sha1.h" should be compiled?
>
> I thought I was (because I'm the culprit) telling CMake that thoses file
> were C files (either header or to-be-compiled sources)?
>
> Am I wrong?
>

> --
> Erk
> Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
> http://www.april.org
> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

It should be fine. CMake should handle .h files that have this property set.
We should fix it. (And we will -- probably in the 2.8.4 release.)

But, for now, you should be able to work around it on your side by removing
the sha.1 from the list of files in your set_source_files_properties call.

HTH,
David