[CMake] Can't build cmake 2.8.1 out of source

j s j.s4403 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 11:43:31 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.1.tar.gz

> Those exact same steps work fine for me. So there must be something fishy
> with your CMake or your development environment (compilers, libraries,
> headers, environment variables and what else there is). Have you tried
> updating to Mac OS X 10.6.4? 10.6.3 had a buggy ncurses library, so who
> knows what else is borked...

Turns out the problem was Macports.  Removing /opt/local/bin from my path
allows the software to build.  What external commands are used in generating
FundamentalType.h, because I bet it might be one of those stupid gnu/darwin
conflicts?

Should I file a bug that cmake can't build itself with Macports in its path?

Regards,

Juan