[CMake] Can't build cmake 2.8.1 out of source

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 01:34:52 EDT 2010

On 24. Jun, 2010, at 3:11 , Bill Hoffman wrote:

> On 6/23/2010 6:12 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
>

>>> From a clean build, it does not work:
>>>  1  wget
>>> <http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.1.tar.gz>http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.1.tar.gz
>>>    2  tar xzvf cmake-2.8.1.tar.gz
>>>    3  mkdir cmake
>>>    4  cd cmake
>>>    5  cmake ../cmake-2.8.1
>>>
>>> but bootstrap does.

Those exact same steps work fine for me. So there must be something fishy with your CMake or your development environment (compilers, libraries, headers, environment variables and what else there is). Have you tried updating to Mac OS X 10.6.4? 10.6.3 had a buggy ncurses library, so who knows what else is borked...

Michael