[CMake] open source project for CMake ports?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Feb 17 12:40:58 EST 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009, you wrote:
> Of course, you can debate forever whether such a SF project would be
> successful or not, but the only way to really know is to try it and see.
> That is, start with something small and expand from there. I don't have
> time to help with such a SF project myself at this time, but I think it is
> a good idea that has a reasonable chance of success,

I don't have any objections, but I think such a repository may not help with
making projects switch to cmake. For a project to switch to cmake, there must
be one developer from that project who does the conversion, or somebody from
the outside must do it and maintain it then (and become a developer of that
project by doing this).
Also this maintainer most probably will want to do it from scratch, so he
knows what he is maintaining.
Of course it could serve as a starting point or demonstration that it works.

Alex