[CMake] open source project for CMake ports?

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Tue Feb 17 08:33:24 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Mike Arthur <mike at mikearthur.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 February 2009 02:24:17 Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> > Of course, you can debate forever whether such a SF project would be
> > successful or not, but the only way to really know is to try it and see.
> > That is, start with something small and expand from there. I don't have
> > time to help with such a SF project myself at this time, but I think it
> is
> > a good idea that has a reasonable chance of success, and I would
> certainly
> > be cheering from the sidelines.
> I would suggest that we definitely give it a try but perhaps not on
> SourceForge, Google Code is far easier to use (in my opinion).

I'd be interested in trying Google Code for a project.

I'll gather everyone's email addresses that was interested and schedule an
IRC planning meeting to discuss some of the project goals and packaging
standards.  I would like to have consistent ways to enable/disable "make
install" for example so that the CMakified packages can be used within
someone's source tree or to generate prebuilts.

--
Philip Lowman