[CMake] Invoking "make" with CMake scripts?

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:12:35 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Javier Gonzalez <javierggt at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Robert Dailey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My application currently has a dependency on the APR library, which
> > uses linux make scripts to build it. Since I'm using CMake for my own
> > project, how can I setup APR to build using CMake? The APR libraries
> > must be built before my application. I'm not sure how to handle this
> > situation. It would be nice to convert APR to use CMake via some tool
> > of some sort.
>
> Check out the EXECUTE_PROCESS command in the documentation. That should
> work.

Is this the recommended way to handle this issue? What would you guys
recommend? Should I provide precompiled binaries for all platforms in
version control so I don't have to worry about making CMake build APR, or
would you recommend complex CMake logic to handle calling EXECUTE_PROCESS()
for APR on all platforms? Either way you look at it, it looks like a
nightmare.