[CMake] CTest Subversion support and update handler

Number Cruncher number.cruncher at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 24 08:04:03 EST 2008

I'm trying to patch CTest (CMake 2.6.2) so that it can handle spaces in
usernames, but am having real difficulty understand the
cmCTestUpdateHandler::ProcessHandler() source and believe there may be
fundamental bugs in the code.

The lack of *any* comments doesn't help and makes me worry about the
general quality of CTest but, criticism aside, could someone please
advise me on the following lines (from the 2.6.2 .tar.gz in
Source/CTest/cmCTestUpdateHandler.cxx):

707: Shouldn't a file be "modifiedOrConflict" if mod equals any of
"M/C/G" - the opposite of what's coded?

726: Why is "svn status" being used when updating to and older version?
Why not just use svn log again. This is the area I was trying to patch:
by using "svn status --xml" to parse user names with spaces in (don't ask..)

758: "res" is only set correctly after the (modifiedOrConflict) branch
runs its logcommand. Currently this is buggy 'cos it's outside the
logcommand branch and could use a stale value.

Thanks for any help.