[CMake] Installing FindCGAL.cmake

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 09:34:10 EST 2008

Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Fernando Cacciola schrieb:
>>> and install the CGALConfig.cmake, only.
>>> It doesn't make sense to install both at the same time.
>>>
>> Not really... FindCGAL.cmake basically locates and loads
>> CGALConfig.cmake, which is better placed in the install tree since the
>> binary folder (where it is first created) can be anywhere.
>
> So why exactly do you need FindCGAL.cmake, then?

As I said in the initial post, the idea is to make it possible for my
users to avoid having to specify CGAL_DIR.

 > Are you doing extra
> stuff, there, that you cannot do in CGALConfig.cmake?

One particular stuff that can't possibly be done in CGALConfig.cmake:
locating it (CGALConfig.cmake).

find_package() would automagically locate and load FindCGAL if it finds
it in the modules search path, but it would only load CGALConfig.cmake
if it is in the directory indicated by CGAL_DIR.

That is, cmake doesn't *search* for CGALConfig.cmake, it merely looks
for it at CGAL_DIR

> BTW: naming it CGAL-config.cmake would make more sense in your case.

Why? I understood both names where exactly the same.

Best

Fernando