[CMake] Installing FindCGAL.cmake

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 08:25:10 EST 2008

Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Fernando Cacciola schrieb:
>> Nope... my users don't want to do that... (or rather I don't know which
>> DESTDIR, if any, they'll use at all, so the solution cannot involve
>> anything like it)
>>
>> They want to install CGAL in the "correct" place, whatever that is, but
>> without FindCGAL.cmake unless explictely indicated.
>>
>> Of course I can use an option variable at configuration time, but I was
>> thinking on something less intrusive.
>
> Why don't you offer FindCGAL.cmake as additional download (so they can
> drop that whereever they want)

Which is precisely what they are needing to do right now.
But it's not as user friendly as a simple sort of "sudo make root-install"

> and install the CGALConfig.cmake, only.
> It doesn't make sense to install both at the same time.

Not really... FindCGAL.cmake basically locates and loads
CGALConfig.cmake, which is better placed in the install tree since the
binary folder (where it is first created) can be anywhere.

Best

Fernando