[CMake] Installing FindCGAL.cmake

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 06:40:37 EST 2008

Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Friday 14 November 2008 04:18:59 schrieb Fernando Cacciola:
>> In preparing the cmake build system for CGAL I'm having this issue:
>>
>> Users can define CGAL_DIR explicitely when configuring their own
>> programs in order to allow find_package(CGAL) to locate CGALConfig.cmake.
>>
>> OTOH, if FindCGAL.cmake is in the cmake modules path, they don't need to
>> define CGAL_DIR at all.
>>
>> However, I'm not sure how to go about installing FindCGAL.cmake.
>>
>> If I merely add an install rule to put it in the actual cmake directory,
>> users are then *forced* to run the install target with access privileges
>> and they may not want or be allowed to do that.
>
> Use DESTDIR:
>   make DESTDIR=~/local install

Nope... my users don't want to do that... (or rather I don't know which
DESTDIR, if any, they'll use at all, so the solution cannot involve
anything like it)

They want to install CGAL in the "correct" place, whatever that is, but
without FindCGAL.cmake unless explictely indicated.

Of course I can use an option variable at configuration time, but I was
thinking on something less intrusive.

Fernando