[CMake] making Nightly builds easier to setup

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Nov 10 15:14:01 EST 2008

On Monday 10 November 2008, Martin Apel wrote:
> I recently played around with nightly builds as well. I used to have a
> setup for experimental builds, but never could get the svn checkout to
> run. With the approach described above, I was finally able
> to run checkout from svn from within ctest. Unfortunately it seems that
> some variables are not used anymore with this approach of generating
> builds. I found that CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE as well as CTEST_ENVIRONMENT seem
> to be ignored, when using CTEST_BUILD etc. For the environment variables I
> could get it to work by setting
> the environment variables explicitly, e.g. 'SET (ENV{CC} "gcc-4.2")'.
> That means that the approach proposed above does not work, at least not
> for me.

I wouldn't say "it doesn't work", but instead "it's a first try and not
finished yet".
Thanks for pointing the problems out.
Where do you set these variables ?
In this script or e.g. CTestCustom.cmake ?

> After all I'm somewhat confused about this new approach ignoring some of
> the variables. Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge of ctest could
> explain, what's going on here.

I'm not really the one with deeper ctest knowledge, but I can say that
scripting using the new style commands works different from the old style.

Alex