[CMake] making Nightly builds easier to setup

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 17:03:44 EST 2008

2008/11/9 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
[...]

> commands can be executed.
>
> IMO this can make setting up Nightly builds much easier.

Looks interesting, I didn't ever thought ctest scripting was done for that.
I did shell scripts for that and was wondering how to do it on Windows :-)

Now I know.

> What do you think ?
> One thing which is still missing is a way how to get variables predefined into
> the cmake-configure run during ctest_configure().
> Does this have to be done by writing an initial CMakeCache.txt ?

This seems possible using "CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE"
as shown here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Scripting_Of_CTest

# this is the initial cache to use for the binary tree, be careful to escape
# any quotes inside of this string if you use it
SET (CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE "
MAKECOMMAND:STRING=nmake -i
CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:FILEPATH=nmake
CMAKE_GENERATOR:INTERNAL=NMake Makefiles
BUILDNAME:STRING=Win32-nmake71
SITE:STRING=VOGON.kitware
CVSCOMMAND:FILEPATH=C:/cygwin/bin/cvs.exe
")

--
Erk