[CMake] first time user questions

James Peng oldyoungguy88 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 12:46:18 EST 2008

I am trying to use CMake in our new project. I download the latest 2.6.2 linux source distribution version. I decompressed it and built it with ./bootstrap successfully.

After
that, I installed it by using "make install
DESTDIR='/user/local/cmake". What I got is
"/usr/local/cmake/usr/local/...". Does that mean CMake will be
installed under "/usr/local" directory by default?

I was told
from the doc I can uninstall it by remove all items on the list
recorded on the install_manifest.txt file. But I cannot find that file
under the installation directory, '/user/local/cmake' in my case.

found one in the directory I built it. But it was not installed in the
default location, so I cannot use that install_manifest.txt to remove
what I installed. I think the install_manifest.txt should be updated
according to the actual installation directory. And also it should be
copied to the installation directory for future use. I don't know if I
was missing something or not.

Do I need to set Enviorment variable in order to using cmake? I will try now.

thanks,

James