[CMake] CPack DEB Packaging: Automate dependency resolution

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 06:43:04 EST 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 11:36:12 David Graf wrote:
>  How exactly to you use dpkg-shlibdeps? Because I get the following bug:
> dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: cannot read debian/control: No such file or
> directory
You really should be using Debian utilities.

I talked to several Debian developers about CMake's DEB support and they said
it was "worse than useless" because it doesn't follow the Debian packaging
guide at all.

I'd advise that you therefore use the Debian development tools when creating
packages rather than writing scripts yourself.

I hope to work on this at some stage but can't justify doing it at work yet.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur