[CMake] CPack DEB Packaging: Automate dependency resolution

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 10:45:08 EST 2008

2008/11/1 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:
> 2008/11/1 David Graf <david.graf at 28msec.com>:
>> Currently in my project, I provide all dependencies for DEB packaging in
>> CPack by setting the variable CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_DEPENDS. Is there a
>> possibility to automate this process (similar to the behavior of the CPack
>> RPM packaging mechanism)?
>
> Just to note that _currently_ CPack RPM does NOT handle "automatic"
> dependencies.
> With a pending feature request one may _MANUALLY_ add dependency:
>
> then more dependencies are set-up _AUTOMATICALLY_ by "rpmbuild"

In order to read more information regarding automatic dependency
handling for RPM:

http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-depend-auto-depend.html

CPackRPM relies on rpmbuild for handling automatic dependencies.

Manually added dependencies may be set using
the (recently updated) CPackRPM patch:

Erk