[CMake] Error running link command: Argument list too long

Andrew Sayman andrew.sayman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 17:34:12 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> It doesn't have any notion of one archive
> depending non-circularly on others?

Nope. This project is full of circular dependencies and incorrectly
mixing C and C++ code at certain points. I've managed to find an
ordering that works for this project right now, but, due to the
culture surrounding the project there's not really any way to enforce
maintaining non-circular dependencies. I actually moved some code
around to fix it.

I'm also happy to say that other than the static library snag you gave
me a quick-fix for, CMake handles the rest of it with flying colors.
In fact, I'll be happy to let the other people on the project know
that CMake has actually made it possible to avoid almost all of the
full rebuild scenarios we had before. Considering a full build can
take seven hours, this is a wonderful wonderful thing.
--
Andrew Sayman