[CMake] Creating project distribution using cpack.

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue May 8 15:39:04 EDT 2007

Rob Mathews wrote:
> Oh ... I dunno. I installed it with the installer from the web site,
> took the default options. Then I unzipped the source to
> 'c:\code\tools\cmake' and tried building it. It built once successfully,
> but the second time through it threw that error.
>
> That doesn't seem very far off the beaten path to me ... and no, I
> haven't gotten as far modifying cmake enough to break it yet at that
> point.
>
> And why would it find all the other tools, but not find CPack?

That should work, and works well for many people using cmake from CVS.
If you are interested in getting to the bottom of the problem, I can
help.  But I don't think just removing the check is the right solution,
as theoretically it actually built cpack, and it was in the right
place.   I am not saying there is not a bug here, but I would like to
find the real problem if possible.   If I follow the steps you give, I
have no problem.  Of course, I do not know what compiler versions and
options you were using.

-Bill