[CMake] Setting up Visual Studio project structure

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Mon Mar 26 11:29:08 EST 2007

Am Montag 26 März 2007 12:03 schrieb Michael Bieber:
> qmake is able to write VS projects for every lib and the executable
> preserving the given directory structure. How can I achieve the same thing
> with cmake? My globbing attempts turned the structure into plain
> header/source source groups.

Did you try adding a PROJECT call to every lib's CMakeLists.txt file?
Then run make -G ... on the top-level CmakeLists.txt file.

> Requirements:
> I would like use GLOB_RECURSE and not clutter every single subdirectory
> with CMakeLists.txt files (a top-level file per lib is ok).
> I would even like it not to provide hand-written SOURCE_GROUPs.
> GLOB_RECURSE seems to be the closest thing compared to qmake's project
> mode.

It's in the FAQ why this is not a good idea (well, you will miss some good
features) and you are forced to deleted/move file that are currently not in
use. Qmake never proposed this, either.

HS