[CMake] crosscompiling problems on XP

Kishore, Jonnalagadda (IE10) Kishore.Jonnalagadda at honeywell.com
Mon Mar 5 00:59:11 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: cmake-bounces+kishore.jonnalagadda=honeywell.com at cmake.org
[mailto:cmake-bounces+kishore.jonnalagadda=honeywell.com at cmake.org] On
Behalf Of Trevor Kellaway
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:39 PM
To: kitts; cmake at cmake.org
Subject: RE: [CMake] crosscompiling problems on XP

>Kishore,

>> On Thursday 01 Mar 2007 IST, Kishore, Jonnalagadda (IE10) wrote:
>> > I have recently tried porting a project to CMake but I am
>> facing a few issues when cross-compiling
>> Is there something i am doing wrong? Everything works fine
>> when i use the native compiler 'gcc' instead of 'avr-gcc'.
>>
>> But then as i have mentioned... it works fine on a linux box.
>
>CMake doesn't really support cross compiling, you are getting away with
>it under Linux as you are using a cross compiler variant based on gcc.
>As you've found, under Windows it will fail.
>
>I have a number of cross compilers that are not based on gcc which I've
>been trying to get running under CMake, see my list post "Proposal for
>full CMake cross compiler support".

Thanks for your reply. Running short of time I think I should switch
back to my custom makefile method for now, while I still continue to
explore cmake.

Your other post gives me hope but I don't understand the difference
between what im doing and what the UseEcos.cmake does. Only the way the
compiler is set is not part of CMAkeLists.txt but is passed as a
parameter to cmake. Besides, I am also using a gcc compiler.

-- TrevK
--
Kishore