[CMake] Creating some kind of release target

Timo Rumland cr at olympclan.de
Thu Mar 1 09:25:07 EST 2007

Hello,

I recently created a new buildsystem for our project with CMake, and I
like it much.

Now I have to do some kind of release target, so we can pack a release
version of our project for distributing it over sourceforge.

What I need is a new build target named "release", when I build this
("make release" or building the target "release" in Visual Studio),
all the sources will be zipped/tar.gz, so we can easily upload it to
sourceforge.

Is this possible with CMake? Or is there another way how it's usually
done?

Thanks a lot for your help

Timo