[CMake] premake build system

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 08:28:06 EST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 5:46 AM, Gonzalo Garramuño <ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar> wrote:

> premake3/4 is tiny and its syntax is *really* nice.
>
> What's better than cmake (imho):
>         - Tiny (only a couple of secs to compile it from source).
>         - Written in C (more easily ported than cmake).
>
> What's worse:
>         - [lots of stuff]

You get what you pay for.  These 1 person projects are never going to
compete with CMake, frankly.  They don't have the engineering
resources to ever do it.  Show me a tool that does something CMake
*can't* do, or does badly.  That's what I'm looking for when I ask
"the OO question."  Things that CMake can't do are potential strategic
threats.  Nicer syntax is not.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every