[cmake-developers] CTest script and many subprojects

Wouter Klouwen wouter.klouwen at youview.com
Mon Sep 4 10:45:08 EDT 2017

Hi Zack,

On 04/09/17 15:13, Zack Galbreath wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Wouter Klouwen
> <wouter.klouwen at youview.com <mailto:wouter.klouwen at youview.com>> wrote:
>     I think if I want it to work in the most optimal way where ctest can
>     schedule all tests in the mega project for all sub projects in
>     accordance with its load balancing, the SubProject attribute would have
>     to become a property of the test, instead of being a global property.
>
> We've developed a feature that essentially does just this.  It's already
> implemented in CMake & CDash master, and will be included in the
> upcoming releases of CMake and CTest. Here's some documentation
> <https://cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/release/dev/labels_for_subprojects.html>.

We already label our tests with the "sub"project name, so it seems this
is perfect for our workflow.

I'll look forward to the next release.

Thanks!
This transmission contains information that may be confidential and contain personal views which are not necessarily those of YouView TV Ltd. YouView TV Ltd (Co No:7308805) is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales with its registered address at YouView TV Ltd, 3rd Floor, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6YT. For details see our web site at http://www.youview.com