[cmake-developers] FastBuild Generator

Charles Huet charles.huet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:32:31 EDT 2016

Hi,

I rebased the Fastbuild generator on the latest master, and pushed my work
to fastbuild-master.

There are still some test fail, a few are due to an arror in manifest
management, where multiple binarie's build try to write to the same
manifest file at the same time (e.g. ObjectLibrary).
Some issues are clearly identified but not solved yet, such as
RunCMake.BuildDepends which fails because non-source dependencies are not
yet managed properly.
Some of these are new since the rebase on 3.7/master, either new tests
(e.g. android-related) or regressions, I will work at identiofying and
correcting those.

Do you think it is time to start the review, or should it wait until I have
100% of the tests passing ?

Here is a full list of failing tests:

93% tests passed, 28 tests failed out of 406
The following tests FAILED:
         46 - ObjectLibrary (Failed)
         52 - LinkDirectory (Failed)
         61 - Preprocess (Failed)
         62 - ExportImport (Timeout)
         66 - CompileDefinitions (Failed)
         76 - CMakeBuildTest (Failed)
         79 - Module.ExternalData (Failed)
        108 - CustomCommand (Failed)
        109 - CustomCommandByproducts (Failed)
        113 - BuildDepends (Failed)
        114 - SimpleInstall (Failed)
        115 - SimpleInstall-Stage2 (Failed)
        131 - ExternalProject (Failed)
        135 - ExternalProjectUpdateSetup (Failed)
        136 - ExternalProjectUpdate (Failed)
        153 - Plugin (Timeout)
        225 - IncludeDirectories (Failed)
        226 - InterfaceLinkLibraries (Failed)
        276 - RunCMake.CMP0060 (Failed)
        278 - RunCMake.CMP0065 (Timeout)
        281 - RunCMake.AndroidTestUtilities (Failed)
        282 - RunCMake.BuildDepends (Failed)
        284 - RunCMake.Configure (Failed)
        345 - RunCMake.try_compile (Failed)
        372 - RunCMake.CrosscompilingEmulator (Failed)
        374 - RunCMake.AutoExportDll (Failed)
        389 - CMake.ModuleNotices (Failed)
        406 - CMake.CheckSourceTree (Failed)
Errors while running CTest