[cmake-developers] Patch: Don't emit warning when config file not found

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 10 08:51:09 EDT 2016

On 10/09/2016 03:24 PM, Christoph Grüninger wrote:
> * or loosing the output of tests and feature summary, as both tests are QUIET.
>
> I'd prefer to write the error message to the CMakeError.log and reduce
> the output to one line. I think, the current behavior must be considered
> a bug.

The default behavior evolved over many years to satisfy many use cases and
give people the information they need to resolve real problems.  It is not
going to change.  However, if you'd like to propose additional options to
these interfaces to get the behavior you want then that would be fine.
Perhaps find_package could gain an ``OPTIONAL`` switch.  I'm not very
familiar with feature_summary so I'm not sure what that would need off the
top of my head.