[cmake-developers] Patch: install universal iOS libraries

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 16:56:04 EDT 2015

On 08/10/15 02:37, Ruslan Baratov wrote:
>>> export CORRESPONDING_DEVICE_PLATFORM_NAME=iphoneos
>>> export CORRESPONDING_DEVICE_SDK_NAME=iphoneos9.0
>>> export SDK_NAME=iphonesimulator9.0
>> Could you use those variables to avoid hardcoding iphoneos/simulator in
>> the module?
> I see CORRESPONDING_*_SDK_NAME variables in Xcode 7.0 but not in 6.4.

At least in Xcode 6.2 I the following variable defined:
SUPPORTED_PLATFORMS="iphonesimulator iphoneos"

It also seems to be set with Xcode 7.1
SUPPORTED_PLATFORMS="watchsimulator watchos"
SUPPORTED_PLATFORMS="appletvos appletvsimulator"

I'd really like to avoid coding any form of database into CMake.
Same for the architectures: In the end the user (or the Xcode default)
sets a list of VALID_ARCHS for device and simulator. Maybe you could use
this for filtering.

I'll reserve a day next week to exclusively work on this topic.

Thanks,
Gregor