[cmake-developers] Questions about code reviews and static analysis tools for TU Delft research

Radjino Bholanath R.M.R.Bholanath at student.tudelft.nl
Tue Feb 24 05:53:00 EST 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm doing research on code reviews and static analysis tools at the SERG group (http://swerl.tudelft.nl/bin/view/Main/WebHome) of the Delft University of Technology. Currently, we want to give an overview of the usage of code review and static analysis tools in open source projects. Therefore, I would be very happy to know a little bit more about how code reviews are used in CMake and if (and maybe how) static analysis tools are used. I have a couple of questions for anyone willing to answer:

1. Do all developers (contributors and core developers) have to submit a code review for every change? I’m asking because many projects only review changes made by contributors.

2. Which code review tools are used?

3. Are static analyzers used? If they are used:
  a. Is passing the checks of the static analyzers necessary for a change to be accepted?
  b. Which static analyzers are used?

Thanks,

Radjino