[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015416]: cmake does not remove readonly flag from its *.in files when copying, so modification fails.

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Feb 24 04:04:22 EST 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=15416
Reported By:                Gunnar Roth
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15416
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2015-02-24 04:04 EST
Last Modified:              2015-02-24 04:04 EST
we are using TFS from Microsoft as version control system, TFS does set the
readonly flag on all non checked out files. we have cmake checked in so
everybody gets the right version of it when building our software ( we also
maintain some modifications to cmake).
the problem is that cmake does not remove readonly flag from its *.in files when
copying, so modification fails.

our current workaround is that we do a
EXECUTE_PROCESS( COMMAND cmd /C attrib /S -R "${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/*.in"
ERROR_QUIET)

but i would like it better, if cmake would be aware of files having readonly
attribut set and remove that when copying the file.

regards,
Gunnar

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change