[cmake-developers] Initial Attempt at Green Hill MULTI IDE Generator Support

Geoffrey Viola Geoffrey.Viola at asirobots.com
Tue Feb 17 10:47:32 EST 2015

I submitted a test report with all the tests passing. https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3698090. This test report includes the extra tests that I added.

It looks like things are running even though I haven't made any changes specifically to fix those failing tests. One of the issues I had before was that I used the auto generated CTestScript.cmake script that ran "CTEST_UPDATE(SOURCE "${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}")."  In addition, I found it unusual that the "CMakeOnly.MajorVersionSelection-PythonInterp_2" test will fail if there is a path to the python 3.3 executable. Also, the "CMake.GetPrerequisites" will sometimes timeout on my machine.

> You can use Windows Task Scheduler to run a .bat file that calls ctest with the dashboard script.
I set up a nightly build on my machine.

I'm not sure how to handle cases where the user wants to run all the test and expects all to pass, but does not have Green Hills installed.

Geoffrey Viola
SOFTWARE ENGINEER
asirobots.com