[cmake-developers] Initial Attempt at Green Hill MULTI IDE Generator Support

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 17 11:01:56 EST 2015

On 02/17/2015 10:47 AM, Geoffrey Viola wrote:
> I submitted a test report with all the tests passing.
> https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3698090.

Great, thanks.  However, we really need to have the cmake_common.cmake
script used to drive it.  What I was asking in my previous response
was for you to get a normal nightly testing dashboard submission
configured and working independent of your changes.  For that
using the common script with ctest_update is okay.

> I'm not sure how to handle cases where the user wants to run all
> the test and expects all to pass, but does not have Green Hills installed.

Any tests depending on local system configuration need to have an
option to explicitly enable them on such systems.  See the existing
CMake_TEST_FindJsonCpp option for example.  Just put your new test(s)
inside a condition on a CMake_TEST_GreenHillsMULTI variable.  Then
add to your dashboard script::

 set(dashboard_cache "
 CMake_TEST_GreenHillsMULTI:BOOL=ON
 ")

before including cmake_common.cmake and the tests will be enabled
once they are in the repo.