[cmake-developers] [REVIEW REQUEST] find_package(Protobuf CONFIG)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Aug 3 16:26:01 EDT 2015

On 08/02/2015 03:31 PM, Konstantin Podsvirov wrote:
> https://github.com/google/protobuf/pull/673
[snip]
> I try to make find_package(Protobuf [MODULE|CONFIG]) compatible.

Thanks for working on this.  Thanks for the FindProtobuf module
compatibility layer.  I tried your changes locally as of commit
5500b069 on Linux and Windows.  The basic build and install works
and I'm able to "find_package(Protobuf CONFIG)" from a test project.

The structure of the produced files looks correct at a glance.

The protobuf-config-version.cmake should be taught to actually
check the version number to see if it is compatible with that
requested.  Doing so requires understanding of protbuf's
version scheme and compatibility requirements.