[cmake-developers] [REVIEW REQUEST] find_package(Protobuf CONFIG)

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Sun Aug 2 15:31:41 EDT 2015

Since may of this year, Google's Protocol Buffers are supplied with a CMake project to build with the MCVS by the compiler.

Related issues:

CMake issue:

Protobuf issue:
https://github.com/google/protobuf/issues/578

The other day I opened a pull request:

https://github.com/google/protobuf/pull/673

I am working on this in the topic 'topic-cmake-install' here:

https://github.com/podsvirov/protobuf/tree/topic-cmake-install

or here:

http://git.podsvirov.pro/?p=google/protobuf.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/topic-cmake-install

I try to make find_package(Protobuf [MODULE|CONFIG]) compatible.

I'm partial with minor modifications copied FindProtobuf.cmake
porting functions protobuf_generate_cpp.

All interested please see the code and make suggestions or to join the work.

--
Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov