[cmake-developers] What is necessary for including fixes from current development branch to official release

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:50:13 EDT 2014

On 09/19/2014 03:40 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I guess I could have copied the module into my project module folder and
> applied it locally, but that seems like a worse workaround than patching at
> the distro level.

I think I would personally prefer that over changing the package for the
whole distro.

The project is under your direct control and the modified module will be
available with the project on all distributions (or platforms/operating
systems) that users might try to build your project e.g. not just the
distribution you happen to work on.

By modifying the module on the distro level this changes behavior also
for projects that did not ask for that change (which might work out in
some cases but might just as well break in others).

Nils