[cmake-developers] Volunteering to maintain a new module: FindGSL.cmake

Thompson, KT kgt at lanl.gov
Tue Dec 9 17:56:54 EST 2014

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> This looks like it needs a suffix. GSL_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE would seem
> appropriate.

>>     # Windows with dlls, but only Release libraries.
>>     set_target_properties( GSL::gslcblas PROPERTIES
>>       IMPORTED_LOCATION                 "${GSL_CBLAS_LIBRARY_DLL}"

> This should be IMPORTED_LOCATION_RELEASE

I made both of these recommended changes.

I also fixed a single instead of a double colon typo in the dll
section (GSL:gsl -> GSL::gsl). The updated file is attached.

How does cmake provide tests for modules like this?  How is the correctness of the module checked before a release?  Do you simply rely on release candidates?

-kt