[cmake-developers] Volunteering to maintain a new module: FindGSL.cmake

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:00:05 EST 2014

Thompson, KT wrote:

> It looks like the mailing list doesn't like attachments (is that
> correct?).

The attachment seems to have worked too:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/11783/focus=11829

> # These variables may optionally be set
> # to help this module find the correct files.
> #
> # ::
> #
> #  GSL_CONFIG              - Location of the ``gsl-config`` script (if
> #  any).

This looks like it needs a suffix. GSL_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE would seem
appropriate.

>     # Windows with dlls, but only Release libraries.
>     set_target_properties( GSL::gslcblas PROPERTIES
>       IMPORTED_LOCATION                 "${GSL_CBLAS_LIBRARY_DLL}"

This should be IMPORTED_LOCATION_RELEASE

I noticed that the Find module documentation didn't give any information
about this or the IMPORTED_CONFIGURATIONS property, so I added some along
with some other fixes to that cmake-developer manual section.

 http://www.cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=656167c3