[cmake-developers] How to get a nightly build process going.

dev dev at cor0.com
Sat Aug 30 21:51:12 EDT 2014

On August 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM Chuck Atkins <chuck.atkins at kitware.com>
wrote:
> Hi dev,
>
> I've got a UltraSPARC III machine with Solaris 10 that I just checked.

Still chugging along I bet.

> From what I can tell, gcc has no build errors and currently the only
> Solaris Studio build error is in liblzma.  Try applying the attached
> patch
> if you're using SolarisStudio to fix the build problem.  In the mean
> time
> I'll get it merged in and take a look at the tests.

Ah yes .. that chestnut.  I have seen this in gettext also :

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2014-05/msg00001.html

Therefore the same problem rears its ugly head within gettext 0.19.2 :

"po-lex.c", line 604: error: identifier redeclared:
pass_obsolete_entries
        current : signed char
        previous: _Bool : "po-lex.h", line 63
"po-lex.c", line 1139: error: identifier redeclared:
po_lex_pass_comments
        current : function(signed char) returning void
        previous: function(_Bool) returning void : "po-lex.h", line 78
"po-lex.c", line 1148: error: identifier redeclared:
po_lex_pass_obsolete_entries
        current : function(signed char) returning void
        previous: function(_Bool) returning void : "po-lex.h", line 82
cc: acomp failed for po-lex.c
gmake[5]: *** [libgettextsrc_la-po-lex.lo] Error 1

> Unfortunately my Solaris system is very old and flaky and is known to
> have
> hardware die on a regular basis so we can't rely on it for a nightly
> build.

I have tons, literally, of weird hardware around me. Including a few
from
the late 90's that are still running and that includes a DEC AlphaServer
4100 series. Not sure what to do with that.  However Sparc servers both
old and new I have. Well, newish anyways.

> If you can get a nightly dashboard set up it would be very helpful
> so we can know right away when issues come up.

Well it is pretty clear that cmake is a critical piece. Must have it
and therefore, here I am trying to do something.

I will say that I do have a cmake binary however its test results are
not pretty :

$ cd  $HOME/bin/

$ file cmake
cmake: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, total store ordering,
version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

$ ldd cmake
        libCstd.so.1 =>  /usr/lib/64/libCstd.so.1
        libCrun.so.1 =>  /usr/lib/64/libCrun.so.1
        libm.so.2 =>     /lib/64/libm.so.2
        libc.so.1 =>     /lib/64/libc.so.1
        /platform/SUNW,T5240/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1

A big fat binary over 146MB in size. Staggering.
I have no idea how to check version.

dev