[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014473]: Add CMAKE_CXX_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE support for Windows-MSVC Platform

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Oct 10 06:20:08 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14473
Reported By:                Paul "TBBle" Hampson
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14473
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2013-10-10 06:20 EDT
As it came up in issue 0014029, I discovered that currently no attempt is made
to populate CMAKE_CXX_LIBRARY_ARCHTECTURE for the Windows-MSVC Platform.

The attached patch should do so, for both MSVC and Clang-CL (pretending to be
MSVC), based on the path to the MSVC-bundled runtime libraries.

The main outstanding issue is that CMAKE_CXX_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE's not as
useful on this platform as it could be, as there's no solid consensus on what
this value should be (Microsoft appear to have changed their opinion about it as
they've gone through Visual Studio and Platform SDK releases.

I don't have Visual Studio 2013 here or extra platforms installed for the Visual
Studio installations I do have, so it's possible the regex is missing some
options. It'd be nice if the "/lib/" in the path match was part of the regex
variable instead of being always present, as then "/VC/lib/(.*)" would be a
safer match.

http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14029

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change

0001-MSVC-Populate-CMAKE_CXX_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE.patch