[cmake-developers] NVidia's NSight Tegra Visual Studio project generation support

Jørgen Havsberg Seland jorgenhs at funcom.com
Thu Oct 10 07:00:55 EDT 2013

Hi.

I'm working on CMake support for generating Visual Studio projects
compatible with NVidia's NSight Tegra Visual Studio Integration
(https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-nsight-tegra).

The integration uses standard VS2010 and VS2012 projects with some minor
extensions, and so the patch mainly targets the VisualStudio10
generator. This generator contains much windows-specific code, and so
"IsWindowsBuild" and "IsTegraAndroidBuild" methods have been introduced,
which exclude most of the Windows specific content when building for the
'Tegra-Android' platform.

Additionally, a TegraAndroid platform module has been introduced.

Using the patch requires supplying a toolchain file, to correctly set
the system name and related variables (as per the cross-compiling
specification).

Is this something that would be of interest to the general public, i.e.
rolling it into the trunk? If not, should we talk to NVidia about
providing a patched CMake version, or should we simply provide the
patched version through "independent means"?

Best,
jørgen