[cmake-developers] Cmake configure unicode?

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Mon Oct 14 12:18:22 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-10 22:02, J Decker wrote:
> is there a wish list of features for 3.0?
>    * offer commands available with 'cmake -e ....' as direct commands
> (I think that's the option... copy_if_different ?)  or did I just not
> find the alias?

What 'cmake -e' commands are not available at CMake configure time? (All
are of course available at build time; at that point you are actually
running 'cmake -e'...) I think most/all of them are indeed available,
although the equivalences are not always obvious.

To do a 'copy if different' at configure time, use CONFIGURE_FILE with
the COPYONLY option. (Not very intuitive, I know, but does the same
thing...)

--
Matthew