[cmake-developers] [review] add_jar (UseJava) uses cmake_parse_arguments

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 25 13:14:33 EDT 2013

On 03/25/2013 12:28 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> these must now be explicitly specified with INCLUDE_JARS. Other named
> arguments are SOURCES (optional, to 'reset' to listing sources after
> 'INCLUDE_JARS'), OUTPUT_DIR, OUTPUT_NAME, VERSION and ENTRY_POINT. These
> supersede the old variables, which are still supported for backwards
> compatibility.

That looks like a nicer interface to me.  Andreas, Nicholas, does it
work for your use cases (and not break existing projects)?

> I'm on the fence if this should target 2.8.11. On the plus side, it
> means the historic behavior of ignoring jar files listed as sources will
> be preserved. On the down side, it is late in the cycle and this is a
> less trivial change.
>
> If it does not go in, I will redo the change to preserve the behavior
> from the previous commits (i.e. jars and targets are accepted in the
> sources list).

This is one reason I don't like rushing such changes in during the
RC cycle.  Now we have to decide whether to rush an even bigger
change in, revert the original, or have behavior that was preferred
for exactly one release and have to support it forever.