[cmake-developers] [review] add_jar (UseJava) uses cmake_parse_arguments

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Mon Mar 25 12:28:32 EDT 2013

I have pushed a branch (use-java-use-parse-arguments) to stage that
converts add_jar to using cmake_parse_arguments. This partly revers the
previous change to accept jars and jar targets as sources for 'linking';
these must now be explicitly specified with INCLUDE_JARS. Other named
arguments are SOURCES (optional, to 'reset' to listing sources after
'INCLUDE_JARS'), OUTPUT_DIR, OUTPUT_NAME, VERSION and ENTRY_POINT. These
supersede the old variables, which are still supported for backwards
compatibility.

I'm on the fence if this should target 2.8.11. On the plus side, it
means the historic behavior of ignoring jar files listed as sources will
be preserved. On the down side, it is late in the cycle and this is a
less trivial change.

If it does not go in, I will redo the change to preserve the behavior
from the previous commits (i.e. jars and targets are accepted in the
sources list).

--
Matthew