[cmake-developers] Qt builds: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:39:30 EDT 2013

2013/4/10 Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com>

>  On 04/10/2013 01:29 PM, David Cole wrote:
>
>  You’re building a 32-bit CMake and trying to link it to a 64-bit Qt.
>
> Why do you expect that should work?
>

> I'm not trying build CMake and I'm not trying to link CMake to Qt.
>
> The Qt CI machines download CMake from
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
> (currently the Windows machines download CMake 2.8.9) and use that to run
> the Qt CMake unit tests.
>
> I didn't expect that CMake would have to be a 64 bit build in order to use
> a 64 bit Qt correctly. That is not the impression I get from
> http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-October/024701.html for example.

You can use a 32 bits CMake to generate & compile a 64 project but...

> I don't know anything about building on Windows, so that might indeed be
> the problem. Can you confirm that it's not a misunderstanding?

In http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.devel/10746 we can read:
"3>------ Build started: Project: axserverapp, Configuration: Release Win32
------"

(or in other places:

Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 10.0.40219.1.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
1>------ Clean started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Build started 4/5/2013 2:45:03 PM.

)

which means that the build target Win32 i.e. a 32 bits build.

Could you check that the concerned build targets Win64 and not win32 ?

> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

Erk
http://www.le-message.org