[cmake-developers] Qt builds: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:48:54 EDT 2013

Eric Noulard wrote:

>> I don't know anything about building on Windows, so that might indeed be
>> the problem. Can you confirm that it's not a misunderstanding?
>>

> In http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.devel/10746 we can read:
> "3>------ Build started: Project: axserverapp, Configuration: Release
> Win32 ------"
>
> (or in other places:
>
> Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 10.0.40219.1.
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
> 1>------ Clean started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release Win32
> ------ 1>Build started 4/5/2013 2:45:03 PM.
>
> )
>
> which means that the build target Win32 i.e. a 32 bits build.

Ah, see? I didn't even know what to look for :).

> Could you check that the concerned build targets Win64 and not win32 ?

I don't have direct access to the machines, so I can't really check anything
except the cmake command lines, which are generated by the expect_pass macro
and similar here:

 https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/blobs/HEAD/src/corelib/Qt5CTestMacros.cmake

which is used here for example:

 https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/blobs/HEAD/tests/auto/cmake/CMakeLists.txt

which is used by a cmake command generated here:

 https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/blobs/HEAD/mkspecs/features/ctest_testcase.prf

So, how is the target 32bit/64bit determined? An option to cmake at cmake
time?