[cmake-developers] Qt builds: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:38:02 EDT 2013

On 04/10/2013 01:29 PM, David Cole wrote:
> You’re building a 32-bit CMake and trying to link it to a 64-bit Qt.
> Why do you expect that should work?

I'm not trying build CMake and I'm not trying to link CMake to Qt.

The Qt CI machines download CMake from
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
(currently the Windows machines download CMake 2.8.9) and use that to
run the Qt CMake unit tests.

I didn't expect that CMake would have to be a 64 bit build in order to
use a 64 bit Qt correctly. That is not the impression I get from
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-October/024701.html for example.

I don't know anything about building on Windows, so that might indeed be
the problem. Can you confirm that it's not a misunderstanding?

Thanks,

Steve.