[cmake-developers] -GNinja on Windows

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Jun 10 16:48:36 EDT 2012

Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> writes:

> "ninja -d explain" shows the files which are dirty, and having a look at
> the .d files shows that ninja couldn't parse them. ("\\../")
> I've switched to slashes in .d files and this fixes it.
> All in stage/next, or https://sourceforge.net/projects/cmakescript/files/
>
> ninja/master is ok when don't have spaces in your paths, otherwise
> ninja must be patched.

After updating to the latest binaries everything seems ok. Thanks!

On Linux, cmake+gmake is fast enough even for middle-sized projects like
LLVM+Clang, but on Windows with Visual Studio, the available options
such as msbuild, devenv, nmake and jom are annoyingly slow and
inefficient while ninja is extremely fast, so I'm very happy to see this
project maturing.

Thanks again.