[cmake-developers] -GNinja on Windows

Amine Khaldi amine.khaldi at reactos.org
Mon Jun 11 06:04:01 EDT 2012

Hi,

I just tested this with ReactOS and the results are really promising !
Thank you Peter for working on this.

One thing I noticed is the lack of dependency tracking for the resource
files (*.rc, they are compiled with rc and not cl). If you #include a
file in an .rc and then alter that included file, nothing will happen.

We had the same problem with the gcc builds, but since windres is more
flexible re. the preprocessor pass, I introduced this line into our
cmake files: set(CMAKE_DEPFILE_FLAGS_RC "--preprocessor
\"<CMAKE_C_COMPILER> -E -xc-header -MMD -MF <DEPFILE> -MT <OBJECT>\"")

I wonder what would be the solution in order to track such dependencies
with the msvc toolchain.

Regards,
Amine.