[cmake-developers] CMake + Ninja working almost everywhere

Richard Wackerbarth richard at NFSNet.org
Thu Jul 19 10:55:47 EDT 2012

On Jul 19, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> On 7/19/2012 12:30 AM, Claus Klein wrote:
>> I am happy to see it works now and Ninja is eanabled and Mac
> Yes, it is passing all test on the Mac.  There was one build error last night but I see that has been fixed this morning.  So, thanks to Nico and Peter for all the hard work in getting this working!  I am pretty sure CMake is now the only ninja generator that works on linux, Windows and Mac, and can create OSX bundles and apps, and do depend information on Windows!
>
> The only thing left that I would like todo someday is to figure out how to get Fortran depends to work.
>
> -Bill

After the fiasco on Tuesday night's build, I manually recovered all of my ninja builds and, with only one exception, they all are running on MacOSX, Linux, and FreeBSD. (I don't have any Windows builds).

I'm going to update the "system" version of ctest (which drives the nightly builds) on all of my machines so that I can remove some of fragility caused by bootstrapping the ninja builds off of the regular nightly builds.  Is there anything else that I should change in the build configurations at the same time?

The remaining issue is that the FreeBSD build seems to show some "random" failures on the coverage test. I don't have bullseye, etc. installed on that machine. So, I am suspecting that the error reflects some race condition in forming the output stream under heavy parallel building.  Would someone familiar with the test please take a look at

http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=153966298&build=2449990

Richard